In homeopathy, Causticum is associated with gradual mental, emotional and physical paralysation. They have a strong sense of social justice, a low tolerance of authority, injustice and oppression affecting them and others around them.
Their weak spot is the nervous system, which explains why this person is hyperactive. They could even be revolutionaries or activists.
Characteristics of the unbalanced Causticum individual
- Constant disappointments, misfortunes, hardships and grievances lead the individual to project their hyperactivity inwards, creating an inner gradual weakness.
- Muscle cramps, contractions and pulled tendons are common.
- Joint stiffness and tense, prominent muscles. The pain feels like an electric shock.
- The paralysis is established gradually. Eventually it reaches a state of imbecility
- The causticum patient has general physical and psychological weakness with tremors.
- A burning sensation in the mucous membranes and skin. The patient feels like he has a “raw wound”.
They may develop foreboding feelings that something terrible is about to happen. They may also feel guilt, which leads to anxiety, irritability and anger.
They feel sad and despondent. They are nervous, impressionable and distracted individuals.
They have frequent memory loss and fear of darkness, loneliness and dogs.
Physically, they have a pale, gaunt, dry complexion that is sensitive to the cold.
They crave smoked foods and cold drinks but dislike water, sugar and sweet foods. They prefer the heat.
The main indications for Causticum
All types of paralysis: facial paralyses due to the cold, dysphonia caused by paralysis of the vocal chords , peripheral paralyses, upper eyelid drooping and a stammer caused by tongue disfunction.
Warts: on the lips, on the end of the nose or under the nails.
Urinary incontinence or urine loss.
Locomotor system: tendinitis, joint stiffness, multiple sclerosis, muscular pain and cramps.
Others: senile pruritus, short-sightedness and burn scars.
Foto: duxschulz / pixelio.de